Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Enbrel Nightmare?

I saw a commercial for the first time about Enbrel.  At first, I was actually excited to see a commercial for the drug I was using; but that quickly faded when near the end a soft spoken lady calmly lists all the possible side effects... cancer..   What? Cancer? Really?

So I went home and googled Enbrel and Cancer to see what came up. Well I found this link:
 http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/enbrel-120/   comments from 2008 - 2011 of people who have lost a loved one while taking Enbrel.  What are the chances?

Its quite the dilemma. If i don't give my self my weekly Enbrel injections, I flare! My dose was due today and I skipped it. I could already feel soreness throughout my wrists, fingers, shoulder and feet.
Time to talk to my Rheumatologists and do some serious praying.

In the meantime, I will try cutting out gluten as I read that this helped someone else with RA.

Keep you posted and please pray for me.

Xoxo,
Jo

3 comments:

  1. I must thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this blog. I really hope to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own, personal blog now ;)
    Take a look at my site ; http://africanmangoplusdirect.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. After some close calls with medication aimed to manage my Ankylosing Spondylitis (similar inflammatory condition), I have decided to give up meds and explore managing my condition with diet. Almost everyone who has stuck to the starch free diet for AS seems to be enjoying huge success. I am trying to do it, but avoiding all starches is very hard with a whole family to be fed - and not being the main food preparer.

    It might be worth your while to explore diet also. It might go beyond simply gluten free. I would love to read your review of some diets like that.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, RA symptoms can be managed through diet as well and I'm absolutely on board with exploring how cutting out certain foods can improve our health. Do you have a blog I can follow? keep me posted on your starch free diet.

      Delete